June 7, 2010

The Journey Has Started

Its a new week and a very hot one here in Las Vegas. Summer is among us, and that changes the amount of time I spend outside for fun. Although I love going to the pool to go for a swim or bringing the current read along and catching some vitamin D, the lenth of time any human should be in 109 degrees is very short. But now that I have this blog to build I should stay busy and cool most of the blistering summer.

As I said in my first blog I plan to own all Nora's books when I read them, beginning with the one that started it all, Irish Thoroughbred. Here are the different ways I intend to obtain them on this journey. Of course I already bought a few over time, prier to starting this blog, but since money is tight right now and buying something like 200 books will get pricey I will be taking donations from friends and family. I also support the local mom and pop book stores [new and used] so that will be my starting point. From there the book store at the library and than the big name book stores and online stores. Irish Thoroughbred is already on my book shelf so I am starting it tonight! Lets see how Nora Roberts' dreams started!

Nora fun fact: Being trapped inside during a blizzard in 1979 is when she started writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment